IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATES
At Ronald McDonald House Charities® Southwest Florida, our highest priority is the health and well-being of our essential guests, family members and/or caregivers, and staff members. We are in regular contact with our hospital partners and will continue to monitor the situation closely. We assure you we are taking all the necessary precautions to keep everyone safe.
With that said, effective immediately and until further notice, we are temporarily suspending the following:
- Tours or visits to the Ronald McDonald House
In addition, the Pull Tab program for RMHC SWFL has been discontinued indefinitely. Please click here to read more.
HOW WE ARE STAYING SAFE
Our goal is to continue to deliver our mission with the health and safety of our essential guests, family members and/or caregivers, and staff members. We will communicate, educate, train, and screen all RMHC SWFL staff and families with updated policies and practices for the four-phase entry of new families. Here are some of the ways we intend to continue our mission safely:
- Air Purifiers: Thanks to the incredibly generous donation of Dr. Tom Sievert with Sievert Chiropractic Clinic in Fort Myers, we have ten Vollara brand air purifiers throughout the House. These air purifiers contain ActivePure Technology®, which is NASA-inspired, Hall of Fame Certified Space Technology. ActivePure Technology® eliminates 99.9% of airborne SARS-CoV-2 Virus within 3 minutes in FDA-compliant military lab tests.
- Masks: It is required that all staff and families wear a face mask while in the House. Also, it is imperative we continue to practice proper social distancing even while wearing a face mask.
- Cleaning: Thanks to the generosity of many local donors, as well as our global donor, Wexford Labs, Inc., we’ve received many cleaning supplies for the continual sanitization of the House. The cleaning and disinfection practices we use are based on the suggestions of the CDC. Each guest room is supplied with all necessary cleaning and disinfectant products.
- Wellness Checks: A checklist of individual wellness questions will be asked of all employees and families before entering the House. If anyone, in the last 10 days, has had an elevated temperature of 99.5°F or higher, or any COVID-19/Flu symptoms, they will not be allowed to enter the House.
HOW YOU CAN HELP OUR FAMILIES
Here are some ways you can help from a distance:
- Check out our revamped Family Meal Program
- Send or drop-off donations from our Amazon Smile Wish List
- Become a OMG (once a month giver) for RMHC and start a monthly recurring donation to help us continue our mission!
- If you’re on Facebook, create a Fundraiser for RMHC SWFL!
We sincerely appreciate your patience and support as we all deal with COVID-19. Thank you, and stay safe!