Ronald McDonald House®
The Ronald McDonald House® of Southwest Florida is a “home-away-from-home” for families of seriously ill or injured children, receiving medical treatment at Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida or other local medical facilities.
We help loved ones remain together as a family in an environment of comfort, compassion, strength, and support. The Ronald McDonald House offers a place to call home at little or no cost so families can stay together. Since 1996, more than 2,500 families have stayed at the Ronald McDonald House in Fort Myers. Our 24/7 facility has private bedroom suites with bath, fully stocked kitchen, dining room, living room, and laundry room.
We are conveniently located adjacent to Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida on the Lee Memorial Health System’s HealthPark campus in South Fort Myers (off of Bass Road). We are staffed with a full time Executive Director, Marketing Director, Administrative Manager, Volunteer Manager and House Manager. A Weekend Manager serves from 5:00 pm each Friday through 5:00 pm Sunday. We also have an ever-growing army of amazing volunteers.
Families are asked for a modest donation of $10 per day to cover a small portion of the actual cost of the stay. However, no one is ever turned away because of an inability to pay.
What else does the House have to offer?
- Information Board: Residents are kept up-to-date with the daily postings of House activities.
- Food/Meals: We have a kitchen and pantry, both well-stocked with donated and purchased food for our families. We make an effort to provide a hot meal every evening. (On evenings a meal is not prepared, residents are encouraged to make use of our kitchen facilities and make themselves something.)
- Transportation: Golisano Children’s Hospital provides a courtesy shuttle service which runs continuously Monday thru Friday.
- Security: Cameras monitor the House 24 hours a day. The House is staffed daily from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm. The House/Resident Manager (or Weekend Manager) remains on-site and on-call from 9:00 pm to 9:00 am, seven days a week.
- Telephone: Each resident room has a telephone equipped with voicemail.
- Entertainment: Cable TV is provided in the dining room and cable TV and a DVD player are provided in the living room.
- Internet Access: For those with their own computer, wireless internet is available free of charge.
- Laundry: Residents have free use of our washers and dryers. There is access to the laundry room from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm. Residents are expected to launder their bed linens and towels during their stay. Laundry soap and dryer sheets are provided.
- Living Room: Cable TV and a DVD player are provided in the living room. There is space available for puzzles, reading and more.
Come Visit and Help Out!
Please take a look at the many ways you may support us including Volunteering, Wish List, Donations, and Family Meal Program. We need you. Your support is vital and appreciated by all those who enter our House.
The Ronald McDonald House is open daily from 9:00 am until 9:00 pm. If you are interested in having a tour of the House, you may schedule it in advance by contacting us at 239-437-0202. RMHC of Southwest Florida asks that all visitors and volunteers who demonstrate symptoms of illness reschedule their visit until they are symptom free.
Download our Ronald McDonald House Program Impact flyer so you can see why families stay and just how beneficial the House is.